Mormons Pleasing the Family not The Lord

Recently my brother baptized his 8 year old daughter as a Mormon. He had my parents come to town so that my father could participate in this Mormon ritual. Indoctrination in Mormonism begins in early childhood. Mormon children are taught that they must obey all the commandments. They are taught that they obey priesthood authority,(aka men) attend church, study the scriptures, pay a full ten percent tithing of all their allowance and gift money, avoid people and places where you might find temptation, (such as all non-Mormons) then you will be able to keep all the commandments. If you are not able to keep all the commandments, then it is because you have failed and have done something wrong.

I find it odd my brother would allow his child to be baptized. After all, just a few weeks prior to her baptism, my brother had told me he did not buy into what the church believed in. He stated he did not understand all of the teachings, even though he is an Ex-missionary. He too has a hard time buying into the baptism for the dead, aka soul robbing. He finds it difficult to believe that God is from a planet Kolob, and that his prophet Joseph Smith believed in the marriage of many women, or that he believed in men in the moon. He was unaware of many of the Mormon beliefs.

He did not know about Mormons and spirits which in a nut shell says everyone on earth now was a spirit in the pre-existence. When we die, our spirits are separated from our bodies and if we were good they go to "spirit paradise." If we were bad they go to "spirit prison." The spirit world exists as a place for spirits to go while awaiting the second coming.

I really get that he struggles with the belief that Mormons believe in multiple Gods and multiple worlds. Yep. Mormons believe that God created multiple worlds and each world has people living on it. They also believe that multiple Gods exist but each has their own universe. We are only subject to our God and if we obtain the highest level of heaven MEN can become gods.

I did not even bother to tell him that Brigham Young said that gold and silver grow the same way the hair grew on his head grows. (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourse, 1852, p 219) Or that Brigham Young taught that the sun and moon were inhabited! In fact he said there was no doubt about it, either! ( Journal of Discourses, 1880, p 271)

Poor thing I am not sure if he could take the truth. In fact I am not sure he cares.

Anyhow so my brother, who is Mormon because it is what makes his mother, father and wife happy, jumped into the water to baptize his daughter in the name of………errrr ahhhhhh I am not sure he even knows. What he does know is he made his parents very proud, and his daughter got lots of presents and even a party because she did as she was told.

I guess what is sad, is that Mormons who do not fully believe in the crap that is shoved down their throats, will still go to their bishop, tell the bishop the lies they need to hear to get a temple recommend or whatever they need to dunk their children into the well of deception..... aka baptism. My brother does NOT like going to church, he on several occasions has shared he doesn't buy into the whole Mormon thing, however, it is people like him who baptize children and go to temples.

Well I guess I say good for him. He is showing himself and the world that Mormons will lie in the name of their Mormon God. Perhaps because my brother will never be honest to our parents how he feels about the church, he is seeking his own type of revenge on the church, or perhaps it just goes right past him, and as always, he just does as he is told, even though he is 38.

No matter. I think it is important to get information out about these good Mormon people and how they will lie and soul rob to please their God or in my brothers case to keep family peace. Yes the one thing my poor brother believes in is pleasing family.

No comments: